NITN | @notintownlive | 29 Sep 2018
Kolkata, Sep 29 (NITN): Indian company Power Publishers has come up with a comic book art service for story-tellers, publishers and production houses. You may also commission comic book artists at budget-friendly prices through them.
Comic book art as a genre has become increasingly popular today, one of the reasons why internationally acclaimed Marvel and DC Comics are spinning money out of the much-loved Iron-Man and Superman movie franchises.
India too has its own series of popular comics. Kids from the 80s and 90s used to pour over Indrajal Comics, Tinkle and Chacha Chowdhury.
Although Indian publishers are trying to bring back the lost era of comic magazines containing tales of simple rustic folk, the global audience has developed liming for a new kind of genre, graphic novels.
Kolkata-based Power Publishers is one among the few Indian publishers who are seriously exploring the production of world-class graphic novels.
They have created comic book characters, story-board art, comic scripts and full-length graphic novels.
They have published several graphic novels too.
Although the company had earlier entertained a client base from outside India, its comic book art service is now available for production houses and art enthusiasts in India as well.
Prices are pegged at a range (Rs 800/ panel for black-and-white comic art and Rs 1600/ panel for coloured outputs) that are suited to Indian pockets.
Said Pinaki Ghosh, founder of www.comic-book-artists.com – the predecessor to Power Publishers' newest service wing, “We aim to bring back the aura and fandom that children in our generation had associated with comic art. This new service will surely give wings to several publishing houses and film production houses to fulfill their dream of bringing out the next big sensation in comics that are yet to take off due to the lack of a professional setup and quality comic book artists.”
- 'Prabha Khaitan Foundation 500' lit event celebrations to draw performing art and literature bodies to Kolkata
- Book review: Gautam Maitra takes you through 'Human-Alien Encounter of the Modern Kind'
- Author interview: Rukmangadhan Janakiram on his book for Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016 Limited Insolvency Examination
- Author interview: Pratima Dhar on her book of Bengali poems Na Bola Kotha
- Senior citizens of Pronam hoist Tricolour, tie rakhis
- Kolkata: New Bengali modern song 'Upohaar' by Srikanta Acharya released
- Vattikuti Foundation invites Indian Robotic Surgeons for KS National Awards 2019
- Book review: Na Bola Kotha, a collection of Bengali poems, brings out the emotions within
- Author interview: Reshma Kadvath on her book #FOR_THE_LOVE_OF_CREATIVITY
- Most female entrepreneurs don't get desirable support from their spouse yet in India: Rashmi Bansal
Dubai: Travel is expected to reach an all-time high in the upcoming weeks for Emirates, as the airline expects yet another busy period with travellers flocking into Dubai after the summer holidays and Eid breaks.
New Delhi: In a move to support aviation bodies to revamp airport infrastructure at Delhi and Mumbai, IndiGo, India’s leading airline, will shift a part of its domestic operations to terminal 3 of Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi and Terminal 2 of Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport from Sept 5, 2019.
Hong Kong: Amid row over some Cathay Pacific employees' involvement in the Hong Kong protest, airline CEO Rupert Hogg resigned on Friday, media report said.