NITN | @notintownlive | 29 Sep 2018
Kolkata, Sep 29 (NITN): Indian company Power Publishers has come up with a comic book art service for story-tellers, publishers and production houses. You may also commission comic book artists at budget-friendly prices through them.
Comic book art as a genre has become increasingly popular today, one of the reasons why internationally acclaimed Marvel and DC Comics are spinning money out of the much-loved Iron-Man and Superman movie franchises.
India too has its own series of popular comics. Kids from the 80s and 90s used to pour over Indrajal Comics, Tinkle and Chacha Chowdhury.
Although Indian publishers are trying to bring back the lost era of comic magazines containing tales of simple rustic folk, the global audience has developed liming for a new kind of genre, graphic novels.
Kolkata-based Power Publishers is one among the few Indian publishers who are seriously exploring the production of world-class graphic novels.
They have created comic book characters, story-board art, comic scripts and full-length graphic novels.
They have published several graphic novels too.
Although the company had earlier entertained a client base from outside India, its comic book art service is now available for production houses and art enthusiasts in India as well.
Prices are pegged at a range (Rs 800/ panel for black-and-white comic art and Rs 1600/ panel for coloured outputs) that are suited to Indian pockets.
Said Pinaki Ghosh, founder of www.comic-book-artists.com – the predecessor to Power Publishers' newest service wing, “We aim to bring back the aura and fandom that children in our generation had associated with comic art. This new service will surely give wings to several publishing houses and film production houses to fulfill their dream of bringing out the next big sensation in comics that are yet to take off due to the lack of a professional setup and quality comic book artists.”
- Safety film for CESC made by Power Publishers & Motion Pictures to be screened on Tuesday
- Ascon Infrastructure India MD takes educational responsibility of daughter of martyred CRPF jawan from Bengal
- RBU's Annual Art Exhibition inaugurated at ICCR
- RBU organises workshop on ‘Folk and Tribal Performing Arts of Mech Community of North Bengal’
- Bandel Church in West Bengal marks `World Day of the Sick’ with healing prayers, mural
- Rhitom Sarkar returns from Germany after his successful concerts
- Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Tarun Bhattacharya join to pay tributes to India Armed Forces in Kolkata
- Techstars' first accelerator in India kicks off in Bangalore
- Union Budget has quite a few positives to take away: Jaiswal
- Pioneering tech innovation to up customer satisfaction
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.