NITN | @notintownlive | 29 Sep 2018
Kolkata, Sep 29 (NITN): Indian company Power Publishers has come up with a comic book art service for story-tellers, publishers and production houses. You may also commission comic book artists at budget-friendly prices through them.
Comic book art as a genre has become increasingly popular today, one of the reasons why internationally acclaimed Marvel and DC Comics are spinning money out of the much-loved Iron-Man and Superman movie franchises.
India too has its own series of popular comics. Kids from the 80s and 90s used to pour over Indrajal Comics, Tinkle and Chacha Chowdhury.
Although Indian publishers are trying to bring back the lost era of comic magazines containing tales of simple rustic folk, the global audience has developed liming for a new kind of genre, graphic novels.
Kolkata-based Power Publishers is one among the few Indian publishers who are seriously exploring the production of world-class graphic novels.
They have created comic book characters, story-board art, comic scripts and full-length graphic novels.
They have published several graphic novels too.
Although the company had earlier entertained a client base from outside India, its comic book art service is now available for production houses and art enthusiasts in India as well.
Prices are pegged at a range (Rs 800/ panel for black-and-white comic art and Rs 1600/ panel for coloured outputs) that are suited to Indian pockets.
Said Pinaki Ghosh, founder of www.comic-book-artists.com – the predecessor to Power Publishers' newest service wing, “We aim to bring back the aura and fandom that children in our generation had associated with comic art. This new service will surely give wings to several publishing houses and film production houses to fulfill their dream of bringing out the next big sensation in comics that are yet to take off due to the lack of a professional setup and quality comic book artists.”
- India urged to bridge gap between evidence and policy in tackling women’s cancers
- Kolkata needs more art spaces for young artists, says White Cube art gallery director Subhamay Basu
- Author interview: Kay S talks about her book 'Unfinished'
- Edinburgh Napier University ties up with Prabha Khaitan Foundation
- Love for writing made me quit my job: Durjoy Datta
- Poets gather at EZCC in Kolkata for Linguistic Harmony Day
- School children present plays to mark Mahatma Gandhi's 150th birth anniversary
- Author Tanushree Ghosh brings up some pertinent issues regarding immigration in her book ‘From An-Other Land'
- Prosenjit Chatterjee unveils Dr. Jaishree Sharad's book Skin Rules
- IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society hold their annual International Microwave and RF Conference
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).