NITN | @notintownlive | 10 Oct 2018
Kullu, Oct 10 (IBNS/NITN): Rohtang Pass, the popular tourist destination in the north Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, was reopened for tourists on Monday, said reports.
The authorities had closed the pass following heavy snowfall last month.
Every day, only 1,200 vehicles -- 800 petrol and 400 diesel ones -- would be allowed entry to the top of Rohtang following the order of the country's National Green Tribunal.
Tourists can apply for online permits to visit the pass by paying INR550.
The pass, which usually remains open between June and October, is a gateway to Pangi, Lahaul Spiti and Leh.
Image: Screengrab from YouTube
- Book review: Amidst the Whirlwind is about relationships and resulting complications
- Book Review: Unfinished - A Woman's Tryst with Destiny
- Uzbekistan Airways to start Mumbai-Tashkent direct flights from Oct end
- Crytsal Logistics Cool Chain Ltd opens warehouse facility in Howrah
- Festival feasts at Pour House and Cafe 4/1
- Adventure tourism in India holds a lot of prospect as a job opportunity says Priya Entertianment MD Arijit Dutta
- Author Sreejib explores dichotomy of the human mind in her first book ‘Aqson Level 1’
- Prabha Khaitan Foundation and British Council sign collaboration on arts
- Manicktalla Chaltabagan Puja’s theme pitches Kolkata for UNESCO's “City of Literature” honour
- Priya Entertainments Pvt Ltd offering special holiday packages for tourists to stay in Khairabera Eco Adventure Resorts and also inviting travelers to visit their latest hospitality venture Priya Villa at Shantiniketan
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.