NITN | @notintownlive | 10 Oct 2018
Kullu, Oct 10 (IBNS/NITN): Rohtang Pass, the popular tourist destination in the north Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, was reopened for tourists on Monday, said reports.
The authorities had closed the pass following heavy snowfall last month.
Every day, only 1,200 vehicles -- 800 petrol and 400 diesel ones -- would be allowed entry to the top of Rohtang following the order of the country's National Green Tribunal.
Tourists can apply for online permits to visit the pass by paying INR550.
The pass, which usually remains open between June and October, is a gateway to Pangi, Lahaul Spiti and Leh.
Image: Screengrab from YouTube
- Vedic Maths Forum India led by Gaurav Tekriwal, Anushree Goenka view latest draft presented to Union HRD Ministry as positive move
- Book review: A handy cookbook for the enthusiastic home chef
- Author interview: Subash Kedia says 'Emotional Intelligence 10X' is about creating a win-win situation
- Book review: A book to help you take control of your emotions
- GRIHA XI to be co-created with UNSW Sydney
- Vattikuti Foundation sets up Joint Replacement Surgeons Council of India
- Starmark hosts launch of Barun Chanda's novel 'Murder in the Monastery'
- Kolkata: Rotary International District 3291 awards Konttho team
- Kolkata: Rotary International District 3291 and Rotary Club of Belur felicitates Board toppers
- Feeling tired after a full night’s sleep? You may have sleep apnea
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.