NITN | @notintownlive | 10 Oct 2018
Kullu, Oct 10 (IBNS/NITN): Rohtang Pass, the popular tourist destination in the north Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, was reopened for tourists on Monday, said reports.
The authorities had closed the pass following heavy snowfall last month.
Every day, only 1,200 vehicles -- 800 petrol and 400 diesel ones -- would be allowed entry to the top of Rohtang following the order of the country's National Green Tribunal.
Tourists can apply for online permits to visit the pass by paying INR550.
The pass, which usually remains open between June and October, is a gateway to Pangi, Lahaul Spiti and Leh.
Image: Screengrab from YouTube
- Kolkata gets a chance to celebrate the Lepcha New Year
- Author interview: Rahul Tiwari explains the reasons behind writing Parishram
- Author interview: Nobody is alone in this world believes Susmita Chatterjee
- Book review: 'How to Become a Top Performing Individual' packs in some timely survival techniques
- Book review: Poems that explore the many aspects of life
- Book review: 'CoMa Chose Life' is for those who want to enjoy life to the fullest
- Book review: Parishram or hard work is the key to success
- India urged to bridge gap between evidence and policy in tackling women’s cancers
- Kolkata needs more art spaces for young artists, says White Cube art gallery director Subhamay Basu
- Author interview: Kay S talks about her book 'Unfinished'
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).