NITN | @notintownlive | 26 Mar 2019
How many of you believe in miracles, magic and in things that are beyond our imagination?
'The Raging Stone' by Stan is an amalgamation of miraculous events and realistic problems of life which many people have to endure.
Stan has successfully painted beautiful images with words from the beginning of the story and the readers can visualise them quite easily.
The story revolves around Ted and Archal, who lead a very difficult life after their mother meets with an accident and is left in the nursing hospital by their father, who remarries later.
This problematic scenario runs parallel with the description of a mysterious stone that looks like the head of a snake and everyone worships it since several stories are attached to this Snake Head Rock in the Butoka Island.
Both the situations are finely enmeshed by the author to give the readers a book that they will not forget easily.
The story opens with a picturesque description of the seashore that is a treat for the imaginative readers.
The words are appropriately chosen and aligned in such a manner that is bound to impress everyone.
There is a large section devoted to Ted and Archal and how they overcome every situation with their courage, wit and endurance.
The tortures of their step-mother and step-sister sometimes reaches the zenith and even the readers will feel sympathetic towards the victims of such a heinous crime.
Amidst all these, Ted meets a lady who works in the hospital where his mother is admitted, and she arrives like a gush of fresh wind in Ted’s life.
However, the author is successful in holding the mystery of their step-mother and a room in their house where they are not allowed to enter.
One day the truth is unraveled by Ted in his step-mother’s absence and the readers must find out about this incident from the book to enjoy all the elements of mystery and eeriness.
Several incidents follow and the ending is quite apt.
(Reviewed by Sayantani Sengupta)
- Book review: A book to help you understand poet Kalidasa's epic poem Kumarsamvabam
- Book review: Bengali crime thriller genre gets a brand new detective in Aditya Bose
- Book review: Students appearing for Limited Insolvency Examination of IBBI will benefit from this book
- Vee Technologies’ global assessment: A first for a Salem Tech Centre
- Santoor Maestro Pdt Tarun Bhattacharya to get Sangeet Natak Akadei Awards 2019
- Godrej Interio set to open new store at Axis Mall in Kolkata
- Flipkart likely to set up logistics hub in Kalyani near Kolkata generating 10,000 jobs: Amit Mitra
- CWBTA Eastern India Trade Summit 2019 aims at doubling regional trade
- Author interview: Dr. Debojyoti Sarkar on his book 'How “Not” to Become A Surgeon'
- How about hiring a co-author to complete your unfinished book?
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.