NITN | @notintownlive | 05 Jun 2019
Kolkata, Jun 5: Kolkata's bookstore chain Starmark, in association with Rupa Publications India, hosted the launch of Barun Chanda's novel 'Murder in the monastery' at its South City Mall outlet last month.
The story revolves around ace detective Avinash Roy who arrives at a sleepy Hill station in Sikkim in the fervent hope that holidaying at a secluded Buddhist monastery up in the mountains will work as a perfect antidote to his jaded, city-weary nerves.
The crisp of the mountain air and long walks through undulating valleys not only rejuvenates him, but also rekindles his libido, much to the pleasure of his wife. On their last night, Roy is faced with a strange request from the head Lama of the monastery.
Apparently, a rare invaluable manuscript, the very existence of which is a secret, is missing from the underground vaults of the monastery.
The book also throws a light onto Jesus Christ's resurrection.
When asked about his research work to throw light on Jesus Christ's episode, Chanda, who had acted in iconic filmmaker Satyajit Ray's Seemabaddha, said: "I didn't do too much of research because the original story is much humane."
In the launching event, Chanda was in conversation with host Mir. The event was also attended by veteran actress and filmmaker Aparna Sen.
(Reporting by Souvik Ghosh, images by Avishek Mitra/IBNS)
- CWBTA Eastern India Trade Summit 2019 aims at doubling regional trade
- Author interview: Dr. Debojyoti Sarkar on his book 'How “Not” to Become A Surgeon'
- How about hiring a co-author to complete your unfinished book?
- Young director Rishav Ghosh talks about his upcoming film Synthetic Sati
- Author interview: Sourabh Angarkar on his book 'The Vision Palate'
- Kolkata: Fashion designer Promit Mukherjee presents his collection at ICCR
- University of Chicago, OD Alternatives join hands to provide Leadership Development program for women leaders in India
- Vedic Maths is relevant and important in modern education system
- Odishi Guru Urmila Bhaumik presents Vande Nrityam 2019 in Kolkata
- Senior citizens of Kolkata celebrate 11th anniversary of elderly support initiative Pronam
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.