05 Jun 2017
The event was held at Starmark's Mani Square outlet in Kolkata.
'The Boy Who Loved', is the first of a two-part romance. It revolves around a young naive boy dealing with the past and struggling with the ideas of family and religion. It is his journey that fills the greater part of the book.
The author, who denied introducing any unique selling proposition in the book, in an interaction with IBNS said: "I guess there is no USP in the book. I just write stories on subjects that I feel strongly about."
Datta, who is just 30, has already written around 15 novels, which includes 'Now That You're Rich! Lets Fall in Love!', 'She Broke Up, I Didin't!', 'Oh Yes, I'm Single!', 'You Were My Crush!...till you sad you love me', 'Till the Last Breath...', and many others.
The novel prior to this latest launch was 'The Girl of my Dreams', published in 2016.
Datta, who was seen to be mobbed by his fans at the Kolkata launch, revealed the pressure imposed on him by the publishers to make the books best selling.
"The publishers do pressurise me. I personally do not pressurise myself. But yes, obviously you cannot write the same type of story over and over again," the author said.
At the launch of the book, Datta divulged that initially he had planned to make more than 15 parts of the novel but later the publisher agreed to only two.
Speaking about the expectations from this book, the author of some of the latest best-selling romantic novels said, "Anyone and everyone must read it but I hope a few will like it too", though he revealed later that he has no target group of readers.
The author, whose first novel was published back in 2008, has been a part of nine television shows already and the list includes popular series Sadda Haq- My Life, My Choice that was aired during 2013-2016.
Speaking about the overwhelming support and cheer from his fans, he said: "I still feel awkward. I am fine with people coming and telling me whether he had liked or hated the book."
The book, which is available at stores now, is priced at Rs. 199.
(Reporting by Souvik Ghosh)
- Japan's Super Million Hair captures Indian market with authentic baldness solution
- Popular singer Rupankar is not only a lead actor in Sin Sister but does his own stunts too
- Tollywood star Prosenjit Chatterjee goes shopping at Sasya store, fashion partner for Mayurakshi
- Bolpur: Infant Jesus Church draws inspiration from Tagore's teachings and Santhal culture
- Six leading theatre groups participate in EZCC's Kolkata Theatre Festival
- SSC CGL: 39,434 more candidates to qualify for Tier 2 as Cut-off Drops
- Kolkata: Rabindra Bharati Sanskriti Utsav 2018 begins, Jorasanko Thakurbari light and sound show to resume
- Italy signs MoU with tanners' association from Bengal at BGBS
- Kolkata meets successful change-makers at Josh Talks with Facebook
- Book review: Trouble - The Last Chance
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.
New York, Nov 9 (NITN): Round-trip flights from different cities across the US to Europe have gone cheaper as the fares are now starting at $355.