05 Jun 2017
The event was held at Starmark's Mani Square outlet in Kolkata.
'The Boy Who Loved', is the first of a two-part romance. It revolves around a young naive boy dealing with the past and struggling with the ideas of family and religion. It is his journey that fills the greater part of the book.
The author, who denied introducing any unique selling proposition in the book, in an interaction with IBNS said: "I guess there is no USP in the book. I just write stories on subjects that I feel strongly about."
Datta, who is just 30, has already written around 15 novels, which includes 'Now That You're Rich! Lets Fall in Love!', 'She Broke Up, I Didin't!', 'Oh Yes, I'm Single!', 'You Were My Crush!...till you sad you love me', 'Till the Last Breath...', and many others.
The novel prior to this latest launch was 'The Girl of my Dreams', published in 2016.
Datta, who was seen to be mobbed by his fans at the Kolkata launch, revealed the pressure imposed on him by the publishers to make the books best selling.
"The publishers do pressurise me. I personally do not pressurise myself. But yes, obviously you cannot write the same type of story over and over again," the author said.
At the launch of the book, Datta divulged that initially he had planned to make more than 15 parts of the novel but later the publisher agreed to only two.
Speaking about the expectations from this book, the author of some of the latest best-selling romantic novels said, "Anyone and everyone must read it but I hope a few will like it too", though he revealed later that he has no target group of readers.
The author, whose first novel was published back in 2008, has been a part of nine television shows already and the list includes popular series Sadda Haq- My Life, My Choice that was aired during 2013-2016.
Speaking about the overwhelming support and cheer from his fans, he said: "I still feel awkward. I am fine with people coming and telling me whether he had liked or hated the book."
The book, which is available at stores now, is priced at Rs. 199.
(Reporting by Souvik Ghosh)
- Shoolini University offers innovative courses and research programmes at undergraduate level
- In conversation with author Saket Chattopadhyay
- Hospitality and culinary bigwigs share knowledge with students of Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management
- Santoor Maestro Pdt Tarun Bhattacharya creates raga Ganga
- Envision Life: A book that tries to unravel the various aspects of human life
- Website songwriter.in to act as a bridge between songwriters and producers
- The Honor Band 3, an activity tracker, could be an useful gift for all occasions
- Duroflex says its Energise range of mattresses are designed to ensure sound sleep
- Kolkata casting of Max presents Elite Model Look India 2017 to take place on August 6
- Importance of relationship overtakes carnal desire in My Guru Girls
Mumbai, July 29 (NITN): Jet Airways, an airline, on Saturday announced special fares for its services to Amsterdam and Paris for guests travelling to Europe from across its domestic network.
Gurgaon, June 28 (NITN): Airline major Spice Jet on Wednesday announced the Mega Monsoon Sale with one way all inclusive starting fares as low as Rs 699.
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.