05 Jun 2017
The event was held at Starmark's Mani Square outlet in Kolkata.
'The Boy Who Loved', is the first of a two-part romance. It revolves around a young naive boy dealing with the past and struggling with the ideas of family and religion. It is his journey that fills the greater part of the book.
The author, who denied introducing any unique selling proposition in the book, in an interaction with IBNS said: "I guess there is no USP in the book. I just write stories on subjects that I feel strongly about."
Datta, who is just 30, has already written around 15 novels, which includes 'Now That You're Rich! Lets Fall in Love!', 'She Broke Up, I Didin't!', 'Oh Yes, I'm Single!', 'You Were My Crush!...till you sad you love me', 'Till the Last Breath...', and many others.
The novel prior to this latest launch was 'The Girl of my Dreams', published in 2016.
Datta, who was seen to be mobbed by his fans at the Kolkata launch, revealed the pressure imposed on him by the publishers to make the books best selling.
"The publishers do pressurise me. I personally do not pressurise myself. But yes, obviously you cannot write the same type of story over and over again," the author said.
At the launch of the book, Datta divulged that initially he had planned to make more than 15 parts of the novel but later the publisher agreed to only two.
Speaking about the expectations from this book, the author of some of the latest best-selling romantic novels said, "Anyone and everyone must read it but I hope a few will like it too", though he revealed later that he has no target group of readers.
The author, whose first novel was published back in 2008, has been a part of nine television shows already and the list includes popular series Sadda Haq- My Life, My Choice that was aired during 2013-2016.
Speaking about the overwhelming support and cheer from his fans, he said: "I still feel awkward. I am fine with people coming and telling me whether he had liked or hated the book."
The book, which is available at stores now, is priced at Rs. 199.
(Reporting by Souvik Ghosh)
- Senior journalist Shuma Raha's debut fiction The Love Song of Maya K and Other Stories launched
- There is a lot of me in Grace, says debutante author Supreeta Singh
- Boosting connectivity between the two countries is the need of the hour, says Indonesia's ambassador to India
- Kolkata: The Bengal Chamber wants MSMEs to be financially strong and look for new markets
- Thinking of studying abroad, well think of Australia then
- Uzbekistan woos foreign investors pitching new business climate
- Temi Tea of Sikkim to represent Indian industry at Las Vegas World Tea Expo
- Satyajit Ray's magic minstrels GOOGA -BABA to return on the silver screen
- Book review: Gautam Maitra's novel 'Banhi' raises questions about social ills prevailing in the country
- Author interview: Nirbhay Singh on his debut book 'Why I Do Not Need to Travel to a Developing Country'
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.