The event was held at Starmark's Mani Square outlet in Kolkata.
'The Boy Who Loved', is the first of a two-part romance. It revolves around a young naive boy dealing with the past and struggling with the ideas of family and religion. It is his journey that fills the greater part of the book.
The author, who denied introducing any unique selling proposition in the book, in an interaction with IBNS said: "I guess there is no USP in the book. I just write stories on subjects that I feel strongly about."
Datta, who is just 30, has already written around 15 novels, which includes 'Now That You're Rich! Lets Fall in Love!', 'She Broke Up, I Didin't!', 'Oh Yes, I'm Single!', 'You Were My Crush!...till you sad you love me', 'Till the Last Breath...', and many others.
The novel prior to this latest launch was 'The Girl of my Dreams', published in 2016.
Datta, who was seen to be mobbed by his fans at the Kolkata launch, revealed the pressure imposed on him by the publishers to make the books best selling.
"The publishers do pressurise me. I personally do not pressurise myself. But yes, obviously you cannot write the same type of story over and over again," the author said.
At the launch of the book, Datta divulged that initially he had planned to make more than 15 parts of the novel but later the publisher agreed to only two.
Speaking about the expectations from this book, the author of some of the latest best-selling romantic novels said, "Anyone and everyone must read it but I hope a few will like it too", though he revealed later that he has no target group of readers.
The author, whose first novel was published back in 2008, has been a part of nine television shows already and the list includes popular series Sadda Haq- My Life, My Choice that was aired during 2013-2016.
Speaking about the overwhelming support and cheer from his fans, he said: "I still feel awkward. I am fine with people coming and telling me whether he had liked or hated the book."
The book, which is available at stores now, is priced at Rs. 199.
(Reporting by Souvik Ghosh)
- I have never been uni dimensional: Arijit Dutta on his success mantra
- ‘Ease of doing business’ now a reality for Delhi home builders
- All customs and DGFT processes will go online soon, informs Union Commerce Secretary
- ‘Patram’ offers stunning handmade items straight from India’s artisans to buyers
- The Mansion House: Stories of a lifetime by Dr Arunava Chattopadhyay
- The gamut of human emotions never change, from Mahabharata to modern times
- Promote your book using video trailers, Power Publishers offers an all inclusive package
- Power Publishers ventures into production of television commercials and corporate films
- NBCC to build MSTC's new corporate building in Kolkata
- Colgate-Palmolive India launches Scholarship Offers for 2017
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.
Abu Dhabi, Jun 8 (IBNS): Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is promoting a '48-Hour Abu Dhabi Stopover Programme' in Abu Dhabi with curated programmes of up to two nights’ accommodation for passengers who transit through its Abu Dhabi base.
Mumbai, May 18 (NITN): With the onset of the holiday season, JetEscapes Holidays from Jet Airways announced its latest line-up of brand new, all-inclusive holiday options for 2017 summer season.