NITN | @notintownlive | 23 Feb 2023, 01:19 am
Image credit: Ayush Gupta
Known for its quirky ambience and its iconic 'Soda Bottle Opener' decor element, Soda Bottle Opener Wala is a popular restaurant chain in India, offering a variety of dishes with a Parsi cuisine influence. It has now set its foot in Kolkata.
The moment you enter through the retro old fashioned gates of Soda Bottle Opener Wala you get transported to the nostalgia of Parsi culture of Mumbai, owing to its decor.
The decor of this 135 seater restaurant is heavily influenced by the street food culture of India, with vintage posters, signs, and other memorabilia adorning the walls. The menu is written on a large chalkboard, making it easy to peruse and select your dishes.
The restaurant is known for its soda bottle openers, which are used to open traditional Indian soda bottles, and serve as a symbol of the restaurant's commitment to traditional Indian street food.
"Our chefs believe in using the freshest ingredients and our recipes have been perfected using inputs from food experts and home chefs. We believe consistency is key and so is sourcing responsibly."
"We believe we are the new India Story minus the gimmickry, where the food is cooked fresh, flavours are original and not dependent on heavy spicing, chilly or a lot of oil," said Soda Bottle Opener Wala representative speaking to IBNS.
The eclectic blend of signature cocktails and food at Soda Bottle Opener Wala stands out. The cocktail menu features a range of traditional and innovative drinks.
From Gin Baugh to Elder Bawa they are all made with the freshest ingredients and expertly mixed by the restaurant's skilled bartenders.
Gin Baugh cocktail is infused with grapefruit syrup and spiced honey, muddled with cranberries and gin, topped with ginger ale, just as a typical Parsi Baugh. While Elder Bawa is mainly gin and sparkling wine based spritzer with notes of elder flower, grapefruit and rosemary.
The food menu is just as innovative and diverse- Raw Banana Pops, Two Way Corn, Aloo Bomb Chat were absolute show stealers which will ignite your taste buds and leave you yearning to uncover its mysterious flavours.
Soda Bottle Opener Wala is the perfect place to go for a casual and relaxed dining experience, whether you're grabbing a quick bite on your lunch break, or spending a night out with friends. It's also a great place for groups, with plenty of seating and a fun, lively atmosphere.
Soda Bottle Opener Wala is for those who want nostalgia to be served on their plates.
(Reporting by Ayush Gupta)
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives beckons travellers with a fun-filled Easter holiday plan
- Aminia presents Tiranga Festival 2024 to celebrate the 75th Republic Day
- Christ Church of Mhow in Madhya Pradesh completes 200 years, celebrations follow
- An itinerary that takes you on a trail of architectural gems of Madhya Pradesh along with a national park
- Day trips from Kolkata: Five destinations inspired by literature and art
- When less is more: Capsule wardrobes drive sustainable fashion in the US and India
- Of human bondage: An Atlanta museum reminds the Black Americans' tortuous journey to equality
- Plan a winter vacation around Sindhudurg and Tarkarli beach of southern Maharashtra
- Have you been to these 12 Christmas markets in Europe?
- First Person: Among the happy, hospitable and artistic Uzbek people
Tokyo: Airlines were forced to cancel over 300 flights following the collision between a Japan Coast Guard aircraft and a Japan Airlines passenger plane at Tokyo's Haneda Airport on Tuesday evening even as reports said the plane was cleared to land ahead of the tragedy.
New Delhi/NITN: Regular flyers on Jazeera Airways, Kuwait’s low-cost carrier, can now avail a host of discounts and benefits by enrolling for the new membership club introduced by the airline, recently.
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.