NITN | @notintownlive | 19 Sep 2022, 05:38 am
Images: Unsplash and Bahrain Tourism
Mumbai/NITN: Bahrain Tourism and Exhibitions Authority (BTEA) conducted a first four-city roadshow in Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi from Sept. 16 to 12 to forge connections with Indian travel agents.
Companies representing the hospitality, travel, and tourism sector participated in huge numbers in the roadshows.
The event was also attended by 400 plus agents across the four cities.
Director of Marketing and Promotion at BTEA Maryam Toorani said, “The purpose of the roadshow is to strengthen travel trade relationships in order to increase visitor arrivals from India to our beautiful Kingdom of Bahrain.
"India is one of the most important source markets for Bahrain and as such the Bahrain Tourism & Exhibitions Authority is confident that this initiative will further enable and enhance an expansion in the Indian Market.”
The prime focus placed by the tourism body is on achieving a high number of visits from India in the coming few years from varied segments such as leisure, MICE, and weddings.
At this event, the #friendsofBahrain concept was introduced to the audience present.
The concept behind this hashtag is that anyone who is associated with the destination, promotes it as a friend or a brand evangelist of Bahrain.
The #friendsofBahrain hashtag will be used by the tourism board in all future communications, encouraging travelers, trade and influencers to use it to promote the island nation.
Bahrain, an archipelago of 50 natural islands, with beautiful beaches, adventure activities, and luxurious accommodation options can be reached within in less than four hours using multiple direct flights.
This Western Asian nation is also home to the Formula one race.
Pearl diving, heritage, and culture is something all travellers can be seen indulging in the island country.
A part of the Bahrain Experience is also a visit to the opulent resorts, theme park, exotic islands, and shopping excursions with family and friends.
- New airlines, new destinations and better facilities make San Francisco International Airport more attractive
- 10 Asian countries Indian passport holders can travel to with Visa on Arrival
- International Museum Day: Have you been to these 12 museums in Kolkata?
- Gold Coast hosts Tourism Australia’s annual flagship event
- World Heritage Day: Add these royal homestays of Madhya Pradesh to your itinerary when visiting the state
- Asia's largest tulip garden in Srinagar attracts record visitors; expected to beat earlier records
- India’s desert botanical resort Kaner Retreat is among most incredible places to stay by Belgium publication
- Vistara to operate five additional weekly flights between India and Mauritius
- Travel and Tourism Trends to Watch for in 2023
- Foreign tourist inflow rises by 789 % in world famous Kaziranga national park in Assam
Garuda Indonesia (GA) and Singapore Airlines (SIA) have announced their plans to establish a joint venture arrangement, aimed at strengthening their cooperation, expanding passenger capacity between Singapore and Indonesia, and offering customers more travel options between the two countries.
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.