NITN | @notintownlive | 19 Sep 2022, 05:38 am
Images: Unsplash and Bahrain Tourism
Mumbai/NITN: Bahrain Tourism and Exhibitions Authority (BTEA) conducted a first four-city roadshow in Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi from Sept. 16 to 12 to forge connections with Indian travel agents.
Companies representing the hospitality, travel, and tourism sector participated in huge numbers in the roadshows.
The event was also attended by 400 plus agents across the four cities.
Director of Marketing and Promotion at BTEA Maryam Toorani said, “The purpose of the roadshow is to strengthen travel trade relationships in order to increase visitor arrivals from India to our beautiful Kingdom of Bahrain.
"India is one of the most important source markets for Bahrain and as such the Bahrain Tourism & Exhibitions Authority is confident that this initiative will further enable and enhance an expansion in the Indian Market.”
The prime focus placed by the tourism body is on achieving a high number of visits from India in the coming few years from varied segments such as leisure, MICE, and weddings.
At this event, the #friendsofBahrain concept was introduced to the audience present.
The concept behind this hashtag is that anyone who is associated with the destination, promotes it as a friend or a brand evangelist of Bahrain.
The #friendsofBahrain hashtag will be used by the tourism board in all future communications, encouraging travelers, trade and influencers to use it to promote the island nation.
Bahrain, an archipelago of 50 natural islands, with beautiful beaches, adventure activities, and luxurious accommodation options can be reached within in less than four hours using multiple direct flights.
This Western Asian nation is also home to the Formula one race.
Pearl diving, heritage, and culture is something all travellers can be seen indulging in the island country.
A part of the Bahrain Experience is also a visit to the opulent resorts, theme park, exotic islands, and shopping excursions with family and friends.
- Travel and Tourism Trends to Watch for in 2023
- Foreign tourist inflow rises by 789 % in world famous Kaziranga national park in Assam
- Narendra Modi to launch world's longest cruise journey that will connect Varanasi-Dhaka-Dibrugarh
- Singapore continues to welcome vaccinated Indian visitors without testing or quarantine
- Jammu and Kashmir: Seven lakh tourists visit Pahalgam
- Annual Illuminate San Francisco Festival begins on Nov 9 to celebrate the city's vibrant art scene
- KFC India rolling out all-digital smart restaurants to speed up customer service
- Jumeirah Group announces stunning new retreat in Bahrain
- Italian film festival gets underway in Kolkata with screening of six contemporary films
- Take deep dive into Virginia's EdVenture Experiences in USA
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.
Qantas, the national airline of Australia, created history on Sep 14 when QF 67 took off from Sydney’s Kingsford International Airport to touch Bengaluru, the southern Indian city famously known as ‘The Silicon Valley of The East’, completing the non-stop flight in less than twelve hours.
Bengaluru: Hong Kong’s home airline will start twice-a-week direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong and beyond from Oct. 11.