NITN | @notintownlive | 19 Sep 2022, 05:38 am
Images: Unsplash and Bahrain Tourism
Mumbai/NITN: Bahrain Tourism and Exhibitions Authority (BTEA) conducted a first four-city roadshow in Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi from Sept. 16 to 12 to forge connections with Indian travel agents.
Companies representing the hospitality, travel, and tourism sector participated in huge numbers in the roadshows.
The event was also attended by 400 plus agents across the four cities.
Director of Marketing and Promotion at BTEA Maryam Toorani said, “The purpose of the roadshow is to strengthen travel trade relationships in order to increase visitor arrivals from India to our beautiful Kingdom of Bahrain.
"India is one of the most important source markets for Bahrain and as such the Bahrain Tourism & Exhibitions Authority is confident that this initiative will further enable and enhance an expansion in the Indian Market.”
The prime focus placed by the tourism body is on achieving a high number of visits from India in the coming few years from varied segments such as leisure, MICE, and weddings.
At this event, the #friendsofBahrain concept was introduced to the audience present.
The concept behind this hashtag is that anyone who is associated with the destination, promotes it as a friend or a brand evangelist of Bahrain.
The #friendsofBahrain hashtag will be used by the tourism board in all future communications, encouraging travelers, trade and influencers to use it to promote the island nation.
Bahrain, an archipelago of 50 natural islands, with beautiful beaches, adventure activities, and luxurious accommodation options can be reached within in less than four hours using multiple direct flights.
This Western Asian nation is also home to the Formula one race.
Pearl diving, heritage, and culture is something all travellers can be seen indulging in the island country.
A part of the Bahrain Experience is also a visit to the opulent resorts, theme park, exotic islands, and shopping excursions with family and friends.
- Eighth Bahrain Food Festival to be held in February this year
- City of the Taj Mahal gears up for its annual festival; revised dates of the Taj Mahotsav in Agra announced
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives woos couples with special Valentine’s Day offers
- UNWTO: Expects global tourism to recover to pre-pandemic levels in 2024 subject to pent-up demand, increased air travel and stronger Asian markets
- Not interested in mass tourism: Mizoram Chief Minister Lalduhoma
- Kuda Villingili Maldives recognized as The Best Honeymoon Hotel 2023 by The White Awards
- Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty enjoys at Kuda Villingili Resort in Maldives with family
- Destinations offering digital nomad visas on the rise, says latest report from World Tourism Organisation
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives transforms into carnival land for year-end holidays
- UNWTO names Gujarat's Dhordo as 'best tourism village' of 2023
Tokyo: Airlines were forced to cancel over 300 flights following the collision between a Japan Coast Guard aircraft and a Japan Airlines passenger plane at Tokyo's Haneda Airport on Tuesday evening even as reports said the plane was cleared to land ahead of the tragedy.
New Delhi/NITN: Regular flyers on Jazeera Airways, Kuwait’s low-cost carrier, can now avail a host of discounts and benefits by enrolling for the new membership club introduced by the airline, recently.
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.