NITN | @notintownlive | 01 Mar 2023, 08:14 pm
New Delhi/NITN: India and Mauritius are set to get a little closer with Vistara, a full-service carrier from India, commencing additional weekly flights between the two nations.
Starting March 26, Vistara, a joint venture between the Tata Group and Singapore Airlines, is set to operate five additional weekly flights from India to the island nation.
Vistara, , will be using the recently inducted A321LR NEO, which offers 12 Business Class seats, 24 Premium Economy seats and 152 Economy seats.
The announcement was made recently by Louis Steven Obeegadoo, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Housing and Land Use Planning and Minister of Tourism of the Republic of Mauritius at a Gala Dinner hosted by the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority in Delhi, and organised in collaboration with SATTE Delhi 2023 (South Asia’s Travel & Tourism Exchange).
Said Deputy PM Obeegadoo, “Vistara’s flights will complement those of Air Mauritius to and from India, and provide the much-needed capacity on the route as we grow exchanges between India and Mauritius, including tourism, to a next level.”
Said Vistara CEO, Vinod Kannan “We are delighted to announce the addition of Mauritius, the scenic island country, to our constantly expanding global network."
Deputy PM Obeegadoo also said that he expects tourist arrivals in Mauritius from India to cross the 100,000 mark in the coming years.
He also said that Air Mauritius too is planning to operate two weekly flights to Delhi from May 2023, in addition to the current 6 weekly flights to Mumbai.
Obeegadoo emphasised that the presence of India and Mauritius on the UNWTO Executive Council will be instrumental in charting a new course for world tourism around key pillars like sustainability, resilience, and inclusiveness.
- Eighth Bahrain Food Festival to be held in February this year
- City of the Taj Mahal gears up for its annual festival; revised dates of the Taj Mahotsav in Agra announced
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives woos couples with special Valentine’s Day offers
- UNWTO: Expects global tourism to recover to pre-pandemic levels in 2024 subject to pent-up demand, increased air travel and stronger Asian markets
- Not interested in mass tourism: Mizoram Chief Minister Lalduhoma
- Kuda Villingili Maldives recognized as The Best Honeymoon Hotel 2023 by The White Awards
- Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty enjoys at Kuda Villingili Resort in Maldives with family
- Destinations offering digital nomad visas on the rise, says latest report from World Tourism Organisation
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives transforms into carnival land for year-end holidays
- UNWTO names Gujarat's Dhordo as 'best tourism village' of 2023
Tokyo: Airlines were forced to cancel over 300 flights following the collision between a Japan Coast Guard aircraft and a Japan Airlines passenger plane at Tokyo's Haneda Airport on Tuesday evening even as reports said the plane was cleared to land ahead of the tragedy.
New Delhi/NITN: Regular flyers on Jazeera Airways, Kuwait’s low-cost carrier, can now avail a host of discounts and benefits by enrolling for the new membership club introduced by the airline, recently.
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.