NITN | @notintownlive | 11 Apr 2023, 07:21 am
Srinagar/IBNS: Asia's largest tulip garden in Kashmir valley was visited by nearly 130,000 tourists during the first ten days since it was opened for the public this year.
Located in the vale of Kashmir (part of the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir) and easily visited from Srinagar, the Indira Gandhi Tulip Garden is located in the foothills of the Zabarwan mountain, on the banks of the Dal Lake.
This year, the garden sports nearly1.6 million tulip bulbs of 68 varieties.
According to local media reports, 250,000 visitors including over one thousand foreigners, have visited the garden.
The garden authorities expect the number of visitors this year will break the record of previous years, media reports said.
According to reports, last year, the garden was visited by over three lakh people in one month.
- New airlines, new destinations and better facilities make San Francisco International Airport more attractive
- 10 Asian countries Indian passport holders can travel to with Visa on Arrival
- International Museum Day: Have you been to these 12 museums in Kolkata?
- Gold Coast hosts Tourism Australia’s annual flagship event
- World Heritage Day: Add these royal homestays of Madhya Pradesh to your itinerary when visiting the state
- Asia's largest tulip garden in Srinagar attracts record visitors; expected to beat earlier records
- India’s desert botanical resort Kaner Retreat is among most incredible places to stay by Belgium publication
- Vistara to operate five additional weekly flights between India and Mauritius
- Travel and Tourism Trends to Watch for in 2023
- Foreign tourist inflow rises by 789 % in world famous Kaziranga national park in Assam
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.
Gurugram/IBNS: Air India, one of India’s leading airlines and a Star Alliance member, has entered an interline partnership with full-service carrier, Vistara (a joint venture of Tata and Singapore Airlines).