NITN | @notintownlive | 17 Nov 2018, 08:29 am
Picture: The tomb of the Turkish dervish GÃ¼l Baba in Budapest. Source: Wikimedia Commons
Budapest, Nov 17 (IBNS/NITN): The recently-renovated Tomb of Gül Baba in Budapest is attracting a large number of visitors since its opening a little more than a month ago.
Thousands of tourists have visited the tomb of the Turkish dervish, who died in 1541 in Buda, the western side of the Danube River in Budapest, Hürriyet Daily News reported. His octagonal tomb was built between 1543 and 1548 in Rozsadomb (Rose Hill) on the Buda side of Budapest.
Gül Baba, Father of Roses, came to Hungary during the Turkish invasion, led by Suleiman I in the 16th century. Later, he was honoured as a holy man.
The tomb has undergone many restorations through he years. As part of an agreement between Turkey and Hungary in 2015, a comprehensive restoration project was initiated on Sept. 6, 2016, the report added.
A cultural centre and rose gardens are also present on the premises.
- New airlines, new destinations and better facilities make San Francisco International Airport more attractive
- 10 Asian countries Indian passport holders can travel to with Visa on Arrival
- International Museum Day: Have you been to these 12 museums in Kolkata?
- Gold Coast hosts Tourism Australia’s annual flagship event
- World Heritage Day: Add these royal homestays of Madhya Pradesh to your itinerary when visiting the state
- Asia's largest tulip garden in Srinagar attracts record visitors; expected to beat earlier records
- India’s desert botanical resort Kaner Retreat is among most incredible places to stay by Belgium publication
- Vistara to operate five additional weekly flights between India and Mauritius
- Travel and Tourism Trends to Watch for in 2023
- Foreign tourist inflow rises by 789 % in world famous Kaziranga national park in Assam
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.
Gurugram/IBNS: Air India, one of India’s leading airlines and a Star Alliance member, has entered an interline partnership with full-service carrier, Vistara (a joint venture of Tata and Singapore Airlines).