Not In Town | @notintownlive | 31 Jul 2019
Abu Dhabi: Etihad Airways is to boost its services from Abu Dhabi to London Heathrow by adding a fourth year-round daily service between the two capitals, launching on October 27 this year.
The new service introduces a convenient mid-morning departure from Abu Dhabi and a late evening departure from London Heathrow and follows the introduction of additional seasonal services this summer.
The airline will introduce a next-generation, two-class Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner on one of its four daily London services.
The aircraft is configured with 299 seats - 28 Business Studios and 271 Economy Smart Seats. This complements the three other services which are operated by Etihad’s 486-seat Airbus A380s, which feature The Residence, a luxurious three-room cabin, nine private First Apartments, 70 Business Studios and 405 Economy Smart Seats. These include 80 Economy Space seats with a seat pitch of up to 36 inches.
Robin Kamark, Commercial Officer, Etihad Aviation Group Chief, said, “The flagship Abu Dhabi to London route is tremendously popular with point-to-point business and leisure travellers, and those transiting beyond our hub and we recently boosted frequencies between the two cities to meet increased demand at peak travel times. Adding a fourth year-round flight will provide much needed capacity and optimised timings and easy connections to key destinations across the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia.
The new service demonstrates our commitment to the crucially important UK market, and ensures we provide our customers with all the benefits of a next-generation fleet across all 42 weekly departures to and from the United Kingdom.”
In addition to the four daily flights into the UK capital, Etihad Airways also operates two daily Boeing 787 Dreamliner services between Abu Dhabi and Manchester.
Image Credit: twitter.com/EtihadAirways
- IndiGo announces appointment of Pallavi Shardul Shroff as Independent Woman Director
- IndiGo inaugurates flights between India and Myanmar
- AirAsia reveals exclusive route from Kuala Lumpur to Da Lat
- EaseMyTrip brings ‘Welcome Festive Sale’
- Etihad Airways becomes first airline to launch trial of autonomous wheelchairs at Abu Dhabi International Airport
- Emirates Team NZ launches first two-full scale race boats for 2021 America's Cup
- IndiGo begins flight operations to China
- GoAir extends fee waiver over situation in Jammu and Kashmir
- Vistara introduces direct flights from Delhi to Indore
- Qatar Airways offers tickets with 30 per cent discount
New Delhi: The Board of Directors of InterGlobe Aviation Limited (IndiGo) unanimously approved the appointment of Pallavi Shardul Shroff as Independent Woman Director with effect from Sept 19.
New Delhi: As a part of its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Friday commenced its operations to Myanmar.
Sepang: AirAsia on Wednesday announced the launch of an exclusive route to Da Lat from Kuala Lumpur, further expanding its footprint in Vietnam.