NITN | @notintownlive | 08 Jul 2023, 12:41 pm
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways, the UAE's national airline, has announced plans to increase its flight frequency between Abu Dhabi (AUH) and Kochi (COK) by introducing a new daily Airbus A320 service.
The move is aimed at meeting the growing demand from both leisure and business travelers and enhancing connectivity to one of South India's thriving cities.
Effective from October 29, the additional daily service will raise the number of flights between Abu Dhabi and Kochi to 20 per week.
Arik De, Chief Revenue Officer of Etihad Airways, expressed enthusiasm about the decision, stating, "In response to strong travel demand, Etihad is thrilled to offer an additional service to Kochi that will bring our operation up to nearly three flights a day."
"This is a testament to the importance of the India market for Etihad Airways and the focus we are putting on growing our network to provide more convenience and choice to our guests."
Apart from facilitating access to the UAE, these flights will significantly improve connectivity between India and the United States via Abu Dhabi.
Passengers will have the advantage of utilizing the US Preclearance facility, an exclusive feature in the Middle East, which enables travelers bound for the United States to complete immigration, customs, and agriculture inspections in Abu Dhabi before boarding their flight.
Thus, this streamlined process allows passengers to bypass immigration queues upon arrival in the States.
In addition to expanding its flights to Kochi, Etihad Airways' winter flight schedule will include service to seven other destinations in India, namely Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Chennai.
This strategic decision reinforces the airline's commitment to further develop its network, offering enhanced convenience and options for its valued guests.
With these developments, Etihad Airways aims to strengthen its position in the market, provide better connectivity, and meet the evolving travel needs of passengers flying between Abu Dhabi, Kochi, and other prominent cities in India.
- SriLankan Airlines, Emirates forge interline agreement to enhance passenger connectivity
- Malaysia Airlines introduces new services between Kuala Lumpur and three Indian cities
- United Airlines increases non stop flights between New Delhi and New York
- Qatar Airways expands network with inaugural direct flights to Lyon, France
- Air India launches Upgrade+ to simplify purchased cabin upgrades
- American Airlines expands routes and international destination at Miami Airport
- Etihad Airways enhances connectivity with daily flights between Abu Dhabi and Kochi
- Vistara launches non-stop Mumbai-London flights, offering unmatched travel experience and connectivity
- IndiGo scales up international operations, lines up 174 weekly flights
- Air New Zealand implements passenger weight survey on international flights from Auckland
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.
New Delhi: United Airlines has announced an increase in service between New Delhi and New York/Newark, with a doubling of flights from once to twice daily during the winter season 2023/24.