NITN | @notintownlive | 01 Aug 2017
The mesmerising background of most of the dance sequences have been shot in Jordan.
Take the song ‘Pyar Ho’. According most of the cine-goers it was impossible to miss the red hued stone carved dwelling.
That is Petra, popularly known as the Rose City.
The delightful reddish hue of sandstone amidst the maze of huge stone caverns is what makes Petra look magnificent.
Described as a "rose-red city half as old as time" by poet John William Burgon, Petra in southern Jordan is a World Heritage Site and also made it to the Seven Wonders of the World list in 2000.
The Munna Michael song also reveals another captivating site from Jordan; the desert wilderness of Wadi Rum.
It features dramatic sandstone mountains with valleys that cut into the sandstone and granite rock faces offering vivid views and a landscape resembling that of Mars.
It is because of its unique topography that many shots depicting Mars in the recent Hollywood film "The Martian" were shot in Jordan.
So instead of pondering, it is time to put on your travelling shoes and head to Jordan, Soon you will know why directors around the globe are homing in on Jordan to locate their shots.
- Scotland woos India's Bollywood fans and set-jetters during 20th anniversary of Karan Johar classic
- GuestHouser partners with Indigo as exclusive supplier of holiday homes
- Lonely Planet places Kaohsiung, Taiwan as one of the 'Top 10 cities to visit in 2018!'
- GoAir expands operations at New Delhi
- OYO customers can now choose to receive booking confirmation via WhatsApp
- Geneva to join Zurich as Etihad Airways' fifth European Dreamliner destination
- Emirates celebrates 10 years of connecting Ahmedabad to the world
- GoAir expands operations at Hyderabad
- Ed Sheeran conquers India's tinsel town Mumbai
- Polar Bears International honours conservation heroes with Ice Bear Award
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.
New York, Nov 9 (NITN): Round-trip flights from different cities across the US to Europe have gone cheaper as the fares are now starting at $355.