NITN | @notintownlive | 01 Aug 2017
The mesmerising background of most of the dance sequences have been shot in Jordan.
Take the song ‘Pyar Ho’. According most of the cine-goers it was impossible to miss the red hued stone carved dwelling.
That is Petra, popularly known as the Rose City.
The delightful reddish hue of sandstone amidst the maze of huge stone caverns is what makes Petra look magnificent.
Described as a "rose-red city half as old as time" by poet John William Burgon, Petra in southern Jordan is a World Heritage Site and also made it to the Seven Wonders of the World list in 2000.
The Munna Michael song also reveals another captivating site from Jordan; the desert wilderness of Wadi Rum.
It features dramatic sandstone mountains with valleys that cut into the sandstone and granite rock faces offering vivid views and a landscape resembling that of Mars.
It is because of its unique topography that many shots depicting Mars in the recent Hollywood film "The Martian" were shot in Jordan.
So instead of pondering, it is time to put on your travelling shoes and head to Jordan, Soon you will know why directors around the globe are homing in on Jordan to locate their shots.
- It’s time for Retreat Taiwan!
- WTTC announces Christopher J. Nassetta as chairman-elect
- TripShelf partners with Abu Dhabi to promote tourism
- India holds Paryatan Parv to popularise tourism in the country
- Emirates and flydubai partnership announces first codeshare routes
- Thai Lion Air to operate twice a week flight on Mumbai-Don Mueang (Bangkok) route
- Luxperience: More than a travel trade show
- Tourism Australia appoints Parineeti Chopra as brand ambassador
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa of Indonesia win multiple tourism awards
- India emerges among high growth tourist markets for Vienna
Mumbai, July 29 (NITN): Jet Airways, an airline, on Saturday announced special fares for its services to Amsterdam and Paris for guests travelling to Europe from across its domestic network.
Gurgaon, June 28 (NITN): Airline major Spice Jet on Wednesday announced the Mega Monsoon Sale with one way all inclusive starting fares as low as Rs 699.
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.