Not In Town | @notintownlive | 22 Nov 2017
Kaohsiung, Nov 22 (NITN): Kaohsiung, a port city in southern Taiwan, is a home to many skyscrapers such as the 248m-tall Tuntex Sky Tower.
The city is known for its diversity of parks.
Its focal point is the Love River, with walking paths, restaurants and cafes along its banks and cruise boats navigating its waters.
Shopping options range from high-end malls to the Liuhe and Ruifeng night markets that are fantastic for bargain buys.
Kaohsiung has been rated as one of the top 10 cities to visit in 2018 by renowned publication 'Lonely Planet'.
The article said: "A massive arts centre and 100,000 sqm cultural and music complex, complete with wave-lapped walkways and a night market, is emerging on Kaohsiung's balmy harbourfront – Taiwan's showcase for experimental architecture from around the world."
"Adding to this will be a spectacular cruise terminal, for those favouring an Odyssean approach to the port city. A sleek light-rail system links these monuments to the rest of Kaohsiung. Further north, in Xiaogang Shan Recreation Area, hikers can view the Taiwan Strait from the new 88m 'Eye of the Mountain' skywalk, a reminder that water is ever-present. Kaohsiung is surging with possibilities: visit before the world gets wind of it," the article reads.
Taiwan is located in the western Pacific Ocean 160 km (100 miles) off the southeastern coast of the Chinese mainland and is a convenient gateway to Asia for the Indian traveler.
- 70,800 Indians visited Israel in 2018
- Uzbekistan announces visa waiver for citizens of 45 countries
- Etihad Airways to introduce Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Barcelona
- Where to travel in 2019: USTOA names Italy as top destination
- Perth Airport introduces sleeping pods for passengers
- Sai Teerth: Maharashtra gets India’s first devotional theme park
- Experience Japan's greatest gift to the world -- Wrestle like a Sumo!
- Elusive carnivores fishers from weasel family released in North Cascades National Park of USA's Washington State
- Paris tourist advisory: Iconic Eiffel Tower might remain closed Saturday amid protest fears
- Etihad Airways launches inaugural flight to Barcelona
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).