Not In Town | @notintownlive | 22 Nov 2017
Kaohsiung, Nov 22 (NITN): Kaohsiung, a port city in southern Taiwan, is a home to many skyscrapers such as the 248m-tall Tuntex Sky Tower.
The city is known for its diversity of parks.
Its focal point is the Love River, with walking paths, restaurants and cafes along its banks and cruise boats navigating its waters.
Shopping options range from high-end malls to the Liuhe and Ruifeng night markets that are fantastic for bargain buys.
Kaohsiung has been rated as one of the top 10 cities to visit in 2018 by renowned publication 'Lonely Planet'.
The article said: "A massive arts centre and 100,000 sqm cultural and music complex, complete with wave-lapped walkways and a night market, is emerging on Kaohsiung's balmy harbourfront – Taiwan's showcase for experimental architecture from around the world."
"Adding to this will be a spectacular cruise terminal, for those favouring an Odyssean approach to the port city. A sleek light-rail system links these monuments to the rest of Kaohsiung. Further north, in Xiaogang Shan Recreation Area, hikers can view the Taiwan Strait from the new 88m 'Eye of the Mountain' skywalk, a reminder that water is ever-present. Kaohsiung is surging with possibilities: visit before the world gets wind of it," the article reads.
Taiwan is located in the western Pacific Ocean 160 km (100 miles) off the southeastern coast of the Chinese mainland and is a convenient gateway to Asia for the Indian traveler.
- Starbucks keeps feet in Kolkata, opens three stores
- It's service over money for Kerala hospitality service provider Sajan
- Japanese, Singaporean passports named the world's most powerful
- Sydney Harbour Bridge hosts first same-sex marriage in Australia
- Disney announces transformative multi-year expansion for Disneyland Paris
- Uzbekistan gears up to promote pilgrimage tourism
- Disneyland Paris Unveils Plans for New Marvel-Themed Attraction
- Canada to launch border security app for fast moving of travelers
- Emergency in Maldives can deal body blow to its tourism industry
- Cathay Pacific partners with Pure Yoga to bring yoga to the sky
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.