Not In Town | @notintownlive | 22 Nov 2017
Kaohsiung, Nov 22 (NITN): Kaohsiung, a port city in southern Taiwan, is a home to many skyscrapers such as the 248m-tall Tuntex Sky Tower.
The city is known for its diversity of parks.
Its focal point is the Love River, with walking paths, restaurants and cafes along its banks and cruise boats navigating its waters.
Shopping options range from high-end malls to the Liuhe and Ruifeng night markets that are fantastic for bargain buys.
Kaohsiung has been rated as one of the top 10 cities to visit in 2018 by renowned publication 'Lonely Planet'.
The article said: "A massive arts centre and 100,000 sqm cultural and music complex, complete with wave-lapped walkways and a night market, is emerging on Kaohsiung's balmy harbourfront – Taiwan's showcase for experimental architecture from around the world."
"Adding to this will be a spectacular cruise terminal, for those favouring an Odyssean approach to the port city. A sleek light-rail system links these monuments to the rest of Kaohsiung. Further north, in Xiaogang Shan Recreation Area, hikers can view the Taiwan Strait from the new 88m 'Eye of the Mountain' skywalk, a reminder that water is ever-present. Kaohsiung is surging with possibilities: visit before the world gets wind of it," the article reads.
Taiwan is located in the western Pacific Ocean 160 km (100 miles) off the southeastern coast of the Chinese mainland and is a convenient gateway to Asia for the Indian traveler.
- Scotland: Place to be in 2018
- The Peninsula Chicago celebrates The Year of The Dog
- Transport Canada suspends West Wind flights, cites public safety
- Catherine Zeta-Jones-Michael Douglas reveal their Taj Mahal love in India
- Hard Rock Cafe set to open eighth locations in Kolkata
- Music weds spirituality in Shree Cement Sacred Pushkar 2017
- Scotland woos India's Bollywood fans and set-jetters during 20th anniversary of Karan Johar classic
- GuestHouser partners with Indigo as exclusive supplier of holiday homes
- Lonely Planet places Kaohsiung, Taiwan as one of the 'Top 10 cities to visit in 2018!'
- GoAir expands operations at New Delhi
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.
New York, Nov 9 (NITN): Round-trip flights from different cities across the US to Europe have gone cheaper as the fares are now starting at $355.