NITN | @notintownlive | 13 Jun 2018
The sunny capital of Portugal, Lisbon disguises itself as a quaint coastal town during the day which, by night, turns into a cosmopolitan city with mega-clubs lined along the waterfront from Santos to Santa Apolónia.
Laid-back and relaxed- Lisbon is a dream come true for those who wish for a relaxed time by the beach or a slow walking tour along cobbled alleyways and ancient ruins. A mild climate with more than 3,000 hours of sunshine a year, fabulous beaches, and the trademark seven hills that surround Lisbon allow for a myriad of spots from where you could capture a scenic view of the city.
One of the world's oldest cities, Lisbon predates the likes of London, Rome and Paris by hundreds of years. Home to a culture that has brought about much archaeological advancement, the must-see historical sites of Lisbon are the Jerónimos Monastery and Belém tower, both classified as UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Rebuilt after the devastating 1755 earthquake, the Lisbon Baixa attracts the most visitors because of its connection with history, and simultaneously also because of urban delights. Considered as downtown Lisbon, it was a historical square designed in a fascinating earthquake-resistant neoclassical fashion. Now lined with cafes that are perfect for quiet evening meals, Baixa is open till late at night, which is when the party-goers flock into the plazas and avenues for a night on the town.
From the winding streets, centuries-old houses and traditional shops, Lisbon is surrounded by nostalgia for its past, but the people have learnt to not dwell on it. In fact, sunny Lisbon warmly invites you to learn the art of leisure from the city and its people, to follow the relaxed cafe culture, to unwind and live life to the fullest.
- Perth Airport introduces sleeping pods for passengers
- Sai Teerth: Maharashtra gets India’s first devotional theme park
- Experience Japan's greatest gift to the world -- Wrestle like a Sumo!
- Elusive carnivores fishers from weasel family released in North Cascades National Park of USA's Washington State
- Paris tourist advisory: Iconic Eiffel Tower might remain closed Saturday amid protest fears
- Etihad Airways launches inaugural flight to Barcelona
- Indian tourists make use of Thailand visa fee waiver
- Scotland lures Indian tourists with Bollywood & more
- Beverly Hills awarded most prestigious Luxury Destination of the Year in USA
- Khairabera Eco Adventure Resorts announces special packages
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).