NITN | @notintownlive | 05 Sep 2018
Kochi, Sep 4 (NITN): The South Indian state of Kerala has started an intensive tourism promotion campaign ahead of the high season that begins in a few weeks, reports said.
Battered by devastating floods that saw several hundred people losing their lives, the Kerala tourism authorities are trying their best to convince tourists that the situation is safe for them to visit places such as Munnar, Alleppey and Wayanad.
"We are planning a national campaign to promote Kerala as a safe place to travel and stay. This is likely to be launched before or along with the four-day Kerala Travel Mart that begins in Kochi on September 27, World Tourism Day,” The Hindu quoted tourism director P. Bala Kiran as saying.
The department will focus on the Jatayu Nature Park at Chadayamangalam and the Neelakurinji, which has blossomed after 12 years on the slopes of Munnar.
The tourism industry in Kerala has witnessed thousands of cancellations during July, August and September and losses to the tune of an estimated Rs 2,000 crore, the director said, the Hindu reported.
But the situation on the ground and the tourism industry in the south Indian state are inching back to normality.
A. Biswas from West Bengal, who has planned a trip to Kerala with his family in November, is not worried.
"I am not changing my plans. November is still two months away and I am sure by that time, things will be absolutely normal. I am looking forward to the trip," he said.
- Army and air force evacuate tourists, others from landslide-hit SIkkim
- Kerala optimistic with tourist arrival from Australia
- Marathon to revive quake-hit Lombok tourism in Indonesia
- Vanishing ice boost to polar bear tourism in Alaska
- UN body push for wine tourism
- Jet Airways' Mumbai-Manchester Service to now operate five days a week
- Norwegian Escape cruise ship lights up the stage with Broadway star power
- Post flood, Kerala campaigns to bring back tourists
- From November, tourists to UAE can claim VAT refund
- Swooping down on Vienna
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.