NITN | @notintownlive | 05 Sep 2018
Kochi, Sep 4 (NITN): The South Indian state of Kerala has started an intensive tourism promotion campaign ahead of the high season that begins in a few weeks, reports said.
Battered by devastating floods that saw several hundred people losing their lives, the Kerala tourism authorities are trying their best to convince tourists that the situation is safe for them to visit places such as Munnar, Alleppey and Wayanad.
"We are planning a national campaign to promote Kerala as a safe place to travel and stay. This is likely to be launched before or along with the four-day Kerala Travel Mart that begins in Kochi on September 27, World Tourism Day,” The Hindu quoted tourism director P. Bala Kiran as saying.
The department will focus on the Jatayu Nature Park at Chadayamangalam and the Neelakurinji, which has blossomed after 12 years on the slopes of Munnar.
The tourism industry in Kerala has witnessed thousands of cancellations during July, August and September and losses to the tune of an estimated Rs 2,000 crore, the director said, the Hindu reported.
But the situation on the ground and the tourism industry in the south Indian state are inching back to normality.
A. Biswas from West Bengal, who has planned a trip to Kerala with his family in November, is not worried.
"I am not changing my plans. November is still two months away and I am sure by that time, things will be absolutely normal. I am looking forward to the trip," he said.
- 70,800 Indians visited Israel in 2018
- Uzbekistan announces visa waiver for citizens of 45 countries
- Etihad Airways to introduce Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Barcelona
- Where to travel in 2019: USTOA names Italy as top destination
- Perth Airport introduces sleeping pods for passengers
- Sai Teerth: Maharashtra gets India’s first devotional theme park
- Experience Japan's greatest gift to the world -- Wrestle like a Sumo!
- Elusive carnivores fishers from weasel family released in North Cascades National Park of USA's Washington State
- Paris tourist advisory: Iconic Eiffel Tower might remain closed Saturday amid protest fears
- Etihad Airways launches inaugural flight to Barcelona
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).