NITN | @notintownlive | 05 Sep 2018
Kochi, Sep 4 (NITN): The South Indian state of Kerala has started an intensive tourism promotion campaign ahead of the high season that begins in a few weeks, reports said.
Battered by devastating floods that saw several hundred people losing their lives, the Kerala tourism authorities are trying their best to convince tourists that the situation is safe for them to visit places such as Munnar, Alleppey and Wayanad.
"We are planning a national campaign to promote Kerala as a safe place to travel and stay. This is likely to be launched before or along with the four-day Kerala Travel Mart that begins in Kochi on September 27, World Tourism Day,” The Hindu quoted tourism director P. Bala Kiran as saying.
The department will focus on the Jatayu Nature Park at Chadayamangalam and the Neelakurinji, which has blossomed after 12 years on the slopes of Munnar.
The tourism industry in Kerala has witnessed thousands of cancellations during July, August and September and losses to the tune of an estimated Rs 2,000 crore, the director said, the Hindu reported.
But the situation on the ground and the tourism industry in the south Indian state are inching back to normality.
A. Biswas from West Bengal, who has planned a trip to Kerala with his family in November, is not worried.
"I am not changing my plans. November is still two months away and I am sure by that time, things will be absolutely normal. I am looking forward to the trip," he said.
- Gül Baba tomb in Budapest attracts thousands
- The Sharjah Light Festival woos tourists for 2019
- Experience the wonderful Winter Village in Oman
- More than 239 thousand foreign tourists visited Samarkand this year in Uzbekistan, says official
- Etihad Airways launches new economy space
- Jet Airways introduces five new routes, to operate 132 new weekly services this winter
- Cathay Pacific: Data breach affects airline, at least 9.4 million passengers hit
- Norwegian Cruise Line to host Jon Bon Jovi's ‘Runaway to Paradise Cruises' in Spring and Summer 2019
- Uzbekistan Airways to start Mumbai-Tashkent direct flights from Oct end
- Uzbekistan wins National Geographic Traveler Awards
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.