NITN | @notintownlive | 17 Sep 2018
Gangtok, Sep 17 (IBNS/NITN): Indian Army and Indian Air Force airlifted to safety around 100 people, including several tourists, stranded in north Sikkim because of incessant rain and landslides, reports said.
"The police department has evacuated all the stranded tourists from Mangan town and temporary bridges has been built by the forest department," said a government statement.
"The (North Sikkim) district administration is carrying out a detailed assessment of the damages and aiming to restore normalcy as soon as possible. The men and machines of Border Roads Organization has been engaged to restore road connectivity for Mangan and Chungthang."
#SavingLives :Due to floods & landslides in Sikkim, road network is badly damaged. Request from army & civil admin received to airlift stranded people from Chungtang, Chhaten, Kalimpong & Mangan to Gangtok.— Indian Air Force (@IAF_MCC) September 16, 2018
IAF Mi17 airlifted a total of 15.5T load &128 pax (88Army & 40civilians). pic.twitter.com/iZc44jFQKz
The statement said the food stock in the district was adequate and the authorities were keeping a strict watch on the stock on essential commodities in the affected area.
- Etihad Airways to increase flights from Abu Dhabi to London during April
- Uzbekistan to host International Forum on Pilgrimage Tourism
- UNESCO: Uzbekistan is the heart of Central Asia
- Travel aggregator's alternative for fliers hit by Mumbai, Bangalore airport disruptions
- Expedition cruise specialist One Ocean Expeditions (OOE) offers beyond tourism experience for travellers
- Japan Airlines announces nonstop service to Bengaluru
- 2018 was a landmark year for Indian Arrivals to Jordan
- Reception of India-Japan Tourism Council meeting celebrates success
- 70,800 Indians visited Israel in 2018
- Uzbekistan announces visa waiver for citizens of 45 countries
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.