NITN | @notintownlive | 17 Sep 2018
Gangtok, Sep 17 (IBNS/NITN): Indian Army and Indian Air Force airlifted to safety around 100 people, including several tourists, stranded in north Sikkim because of incessant rain and landslides, reports said.
"The police department has evacuated all the stranded tourists from Mangan town and temporary bridges has been built by the forest department," said a government statement.
"The (North Sikkim) district administration is carrying out a detailed assessment of the damages and aiming to restore normalcy as soon as possible. The men and machines of Border Roads Organization has been engaged to restore road connectivity for Mangan and Chungthang."
#SavingLives :Due to floods & landslides in Sikkim, road network is badly damaged. Request from army & civil admin received to airlift stranded people from Chungtang, Chhaten, Kalimpong & Mangan to Gangtok.— Indian Air Force (@IAF_MCC) September 16, 2018
IAF Mi17 airlifted a total of 15.5T load &128 pax (88Army & 40civilians). pic.twitter.com/iZc44jFQKz
The statement said the food stock in the district was adequate and the authorities were keeping a strict watch on the stock on essential commodities in the affected area.
- Palladium Hotel Group continues to remove single-use plastics, reinforces its environmental policy
- Experience some of the world’s rarest species of flora and fauna in Seychelles
- Club Med announces new APAC leadership and regional organisation
- Sammy Yahia appointed as the new Director of Tourism for Israel in India
- Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts showcases Sri Lanka's natural world as sustainable tourism product
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Ibiza: Fashion and music take centre stage at 3rd edition
- Repair to the Irish House if you have caught the World Cup fever
- Tel Aviv Pride Parade 2019: Witness one of the biggest LGBTQ celebrations
- Pamper your superhero this Father’s Day with a lavish brunch at JW Marriott Kolkata
- Sunday Brunch with Monkey 47 At Yauatcha Kolkata
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.