NITN | @notintownlive | 15 May 2019
New Delhi, May 15: Israel Ministry of Tourism recently conducted a familiarization trip to Israel for a special women’s only group of travel agents from India.
The week-long hosting from 3rd to 11th April witnessed participation by 12 leading travel companies from Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata. Senior management from Stratos Lifestyles, Signature Breaks, FCM Travel Solutions, Europamundo Vacations, Panache World, Evershine Holidays, Luxury Roots, Vay2Go Travel Pvt. Ltd, Redchilli Holidays Pvt. Ltd, Aspen Vacations, Yatra Online Pvt. Ltd and Skyroutes India Private Ltd explored various sites in Israel.
The group visited Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Akko, Caesarea, Haifa, Dead Sea, Masada and Tiberias on the Sea of Galilee region. Some of the attractions included floating on the Dead Sea, Tel Aviv nightlife tour with a visit to Neve Tzedek neighbourhood, wine tasting experience at Tishbi winery, boat tour on the Sea of Galilee andsound and light show at the Tower of David. The group also toured the reconstructed Roman Theatre and Roman Aqueduct in Caesarea, Baha’i Shrine and Gardens in Haifa, Old City of Jerusalem and the port city of Akko.
Commenting on the FAM, Hassan Madah, Director - Israel Ministry of Tourism, India & Philippines said, “Israel is a dynamic destination with a lot to offer to leisure seekers. We have witnessed an increase in leisure tourism to the country, but what’s interesting is a steady rise in women groups and female solo travellers. The idea was to showcase and promote this aspect to some of the prominent women trade partners in the travel industry with an aim to bolster interest among female traveller segment of the country”.
- EaseMyTrip teams up with 20th IIFA Awards as travel partner
- Indian tourist arrivals in Turkey mark 56% growth between January to July 2019
- Seychelles Tourism Board enhances its presence in tier II and tier III cities
- Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts to host ‘Future of Tourism Summit 2019’ in Sri Lanka
- Jordan unveils its Underwater Military Museum in Aqaba
- Israel Tourism conducts roadshow in Mumbai
- DGCA assures all stakeholders to take harshest action against flight operators
- Eco Adventure Resorts opens at Bada Bungalow Temi Tea Gardens in Sikkim
- Statue of Unity features in TIME Magazine's list of world's greatest places 2019
- Dubai’s souks offer a glimpse into the past
New Delhi: Airline GoAir has extended the fee waiver on cancellation or rescheduling over the present situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
New Delhi: Airline Vistara has introduced direct flights from Delhi to Indore.
Doha: Airline Qatar Airways has come up with an offer to travel the world at a ticket price with 30 per cent discount on it.