NITN | @notintownlive | 26 Jun 2019
Mumbai, June 26 (NITN): Cox & Kings, one of the longest travel companies, are expecting travel demand to surge by 20 per cent this monsoon.
Contrary to a general perception that trekkers and adventure seekers mainly drive monsoon travel, this year family travellers are taking a lead being over 70% of the travel inquiries generated from family segment.
Family travellers are mainly looking for relaxed beach vacations, staycations at nearby resorts, explore hillside for lush greenery and waterfalls and relish delicious hot cuisines.
Travellers from Mumbai and Pune are opting for short trips within Maharashtra and neighbouring states such as Goa and Gujarat. Staycations in Lonavala, Silvassa, Lavasa, Saputara, Mahabaleshwar, Daman and Nasik are picking up. Sultry beaches and appetising seafood in Goa and Konkan are back on the radar of west India travellers with the onset of monsoon.
Monsoon travellers from Delhi and Chandigarh are mainly finding solace in hill stations such as Mussoorie and Nainital. Some of them are taking road trips to Rajasthan to explore places like Jaisalmer, jaipur, Bikaner, Jodhpur and Udaipur. However, adventure trails from Delhi to Ladakh are the key highlight of the season.
Travellers from east India are mainly preferring staycations in Darjeeling in premium properties like Mayfair and Ramada. Some are even heading to Assam and Meghalaya to experience the extreme rains, nature and eco-friendly atmosphere.
Down south, Munnar, Wayanad, Thekkady, Coorg and Kabini are the most popular places to enjoy monsoon. Health tourism in Kerala is expected to reach at its peak with rise in demand for ayurvedic treatments during monsoon.
Cox & Kings are offering a 25 per cent discount on companion on monsoon special trips in order to motivate families to take a break and spend vacation.
- IRCTC announces Buddhist Circuit tourist train from Oct 19
- Conde Nast Traveler names Chicago best large city to visit for third consecutive year
- EaseMyTrip join hands with Malaysia Tourism to promote destination
- AirAsia wins Grand Sweepstakes Award 2019 in Honolulu
- Mumbai Airport runway closure: EaseMyTrip brings solution for its customers
- Travel giant Vivek Travels celebrates 50 years on the move
- Cinnamon to spearhead destination marketing in Sri Lanka
- Russian destination Sochi woos Indian travellers, appoints Linkin Rep for marketing
- Dubai set to host live performances, shows, concerts
- Travel & Tourism Fair flags-off busy Diwali and winter holiday travel season
New Delhi: Airline GoAir has announced pre-Diwali 24-hour deal wherein customers can book tickets for as low as Rs 1296 onwards (inclusive of taxes) for international and domestic routes.
New Delhi: EaseMyTrip, one of the players in the Online Travel Aggregators segment, is offering packages at Rs. 11,060.
New Delhi: EaseMyTrip is offering discount on travel fares on festival Diwali.