NITN | @notintownlive | 26 Jun 2019
Mumbai, June 26 (NITN): Cox & Kings, one of the longest travel companies, are expecting travel demand to surge by 20 per cent this monsoon.
Contrary to a general perception that trekkers and adventure seekers mainly drive monsoon travel, this year family travellers are taking a lead being over 70% of the travel inquiries generated from family segment.
Family travellers are mainly looking for relaxed beach vacations, staycations at nearby resorts, explore hillside for lush greenery and waterfalls and relish delicious hot cuisines.
Travellers from Mumbai and Pune are opting for short trips within Maharashtra and neighbouring states such as Goa and Gujarat. Staycations in Lonavala, Silvassa, Lavasa, Saputara, Mahabaleshwar, Daman and Nasik are picking up. Sultry beaches and appetising seafood in Goa and Konkan are back on the radar of west India travellers with the onset of monsoon.
Monsoon travellers from Delhi and Chandigarh are mainly finding solace in hill stations such as Mussoorie and Nainital. Some of them are taking road trips to Rajasthan to explore places like Jaisalmer, jaipur, Bikaner, Jodhpur and Udaipur. However, adventure trails from Delhi to Ladakh are the key highlight of the season.
Travellers from east India are mainly preferring staycations in Darjeeling in premium properties like Mayfair and Ramada. Some are even heading to Assam and Meghalaya to experience the extreme rains, nature and eco-friendly atmosphere.
Down south, Munnar, Wayanad, Thekkady, Coorg and Kabini are the most popular places to enjoy monsoon. Health tourism in Kerala is expected to reach at its peak with rise in demand for ayurvedic treatments during monsoon.
Cox & Kings are offering a 25 per cent discount on companion on monsoon special trips in order to motivate families to take a break and spend vacation.
- Indian gastronomy takes centre stage in Israel
- Visit Oman to experience cool wadis, green hills and pleasant weather
- Months after Easter bombings, international celebrities show support for Sri Lanka, urge people to visit the island
- Dan Hotels announces re-opening of Dan Caesarea in Israel
- Etihad Airways introduces larger aircraft to accommodate growth of three key Asian routes
- Record number of international holiday visitors to WA
- UK artist Bruce Munro's art installation attracts 29,453 people in western Australia
- Content creators from across the globe to attend GoPro Creator Summit in Kimberley
- Cox & Kings expects travel demand to surge by 20 per cent this monsoon
- Uzbekistan amends rules for residence permit for foreigners and for guide services
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.