Not In Town | @notintownlive | 29 Jun 2019
Perth: UK artist Bruce Munro's Field of Light: Avenue of Honour art installation in western Australia had attracted 29,453 people, a research undertaken by Metrix Consulting said.
An artwork of 16,000 illuminated glass spheres designed as a touching Anzac tribute has pumped millions of dollars into regional Western Australia, according to independent research commissioned by Tourism Western Australia.
These visitors were responsible for a multimillion dollar cash boost to the region; with figures showing they spent more than $17 million during the six-month event.
The research also showed the event filled the rooms of accommodation providers in the region, with visitors travelling to see the artwork spending 82,238 nights in the South-West.
The art installation was exhibited at Albany's Avenue of Honour on Mount Clarence between Oct 2018 and Apr 2019 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of the First World War and honour the Anzac legend.
The event smashed attendance expectations, attracting more than 186,000 attendees in total.
Field of Light: Avenue of Honour was supported by the State Government, through Tourism WA's Regional Events Program and Lotterywest.
The initiative was commissioned by independent non-profit cultural organisation FORM in partnership with the City of Albany.
Tourism Minister Paul Papalia commented, "The emotional pull of this amazing artwork has had a ripple effect that's benefited not only Albany, but the entire South-West region.
It was a stunning attraction in its own right and also complemented the National Anzac Centre in cementing Albany's reputation as Australia's point of pilgrimage for people wanting to experience the Anzac legend.
Its popularity has been phenomenal, bringing significant tourism dollars to the South-West economy and drawing visitors to the area's many attractions such as the breathtaking Stirling Range National Park, the natural beauty of the Valley of the Giants Tree Top Walk and the region's premium wines, to name just a few."
- Indian gastronomy takes centre stage in Israel
- Visit Oman to experience cool wadis, green hills and pleasant weather
- Months after Easter bombings, international celebrities show support for Sri Lanka, urge people to visit the island
- Dan Hotels announces re-opening of Dan Caesarea in Israel
- Etihad Airways introduces larger aircraft to accommodate growth of three key Asian routes
- Record number of international holiday visitors to WA
- UK artist Bruce Munro's art installation attracts 29,453 people in western Australia
- Content creators from across the globe to attend GoPro Creator Summit in Kimberley
- Cox & Kings expects travel demand to surge by 20 per cent this monsoon
- Uzbekistan amends rules for residence permit for foreigners and for guide services
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.