Not In Town | @notintownlive | 27 Aug 2019
New Delhi: The statue of independence activist Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, known as Statue of Unity, has found a place in TIME Magazine's list of world's greatest places 2019.
The Statue of Unity has featured in the second annual list of world's greatest places 2019.
The 182-metre steel and bronze Statue of Unity of India’s “Iron Man” Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is currently the tallest statue in the world.
It is situated on Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujarat.
The statue was unveiled by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel in 2018.
The foundation of the statue was laid in 2013.
- Dubai to bring year end performances for music lovers
- Coldplay chooses Jordan to release their first album in four years 'Everyday Life'
- MakeMyTrip honours Kolkata’s Best Hotels at Star Partner Awards ceremony
- Israel woes Indian tourists with resort city of Eilat
- Seawings offers Heritage Tour to help visitors experience Dubai
- SriLankan Airlines concludes a memorable Melbourne Marathon
- Istanbul and Antalya emerge as key MICE destination for Indian corporates
- Dubai crowned one of the world's top cities in Lonely Planet's 'Best in Travel' list 2020
- The Temi Autumn Festival 2019 to be held from Nov 8 to 10 in Sikkim
- Eighth edition of Dharamshala International Film Festival announces its full line-up
New York/NITN: In-line with its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Thursday signed a one-way codeshare agreement with Qatar Airways, world’s best airline as per 2019 World Airline Awards.
Mumbai/NITN: Celebrating its 14th anniversary, airline GoAir has announced special fares ending with “14” as the last two digits across all its 33 destinations.
Mumbai/NITN: EaseMyTrip.com (EMT), the Online Travel Aggregators segment, is aiming to help the customers traveling to and from Mumbai in the wake of Mumbai runway closure.