Not In Town | @notintownlive | 25 Oct 2019
Dubai/NITN: Dubai has been named one of the world’s best cities for travellers to visit in 2020 by global travel authority Lonely Planet.
The city has received the accolade in the Best in Travel 2020 list, which has been curated by Lonely Planet’s editorial team and its community of travel experts.
The list features the emirate amongst the top ten ‘must-visit’ cities for global travellers in the coming year.
The unique combination of iconic attractions and entertainment destinations, outdoor and cultural offerings, and the “boundary-pushing marquee projects” continue to cement Dubai’s position as a preferred holiday destination.
Issam Kazim, CEO, Dubai Corporation for Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DCTCM) commented, “Being recognised as a leading travel destination by Lonely Planet is a testament to the dynamic evolution of Dubai’s tourism proposition, and with the support of one of the world’s leading travel publishers increases consideration and appeal for the emirate in the lead-up to a momentous year.
In line with our goal to becoming the number one most visited city, we will continue to build greater relevance for Dubai amongst global travellers through innovative, impactful and strategic initiatives in 2020 and beyond.”
Tom Hall, Lonely Planet’s VP of Experience, said, “Dubai is famed for its drive to seek out new world records, which will enthral visitors. The food is wonderful, and the shopping and nightlife are world-class. Plus, in the run up to Expo 2020, Dubai has been expanding its portfolio of attractions, which now include the giant Ain Dubai ferris wheel, the Al Shindagha Museum and the Jameel Arts Centre.”
- SriLankan Airlines set to become largest foreign carrier in India with Ahmedabad addition
- Experience Hub and Etihad Holidays sign MoU to elevate Abu Dhabi’s position as a leading leisure & culture destination
- Maharashtra Tourism undertakes association between Directorate of Tourism and Tanhaji
- 5-year tourist visa will benefit tourists of any nationality: Chairman of Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority
- It's Show Time - Aqaba Airshow 2020!
- Marriott International opens budget brand Fairfield By Marriott Kolkata to expand India footprints
- Israel offers new night show ‘From Dusk to Dawn’ at Masada
- Maldives welcomes the 1.5 millionth tourist of 2019
- Ski Dubai announces a programme of festive activities
- Etihad Aviation Training and Khalifa University explore game-based learning for NEXTGEN pilots
Mumbai/NITN: Strengthening its presence in the Gulf, Asia's airline GoAir has announced the new daily direct flights between Doha and Mumbai.
New Delhi/NITN: Airline IndiGo is offering 15 per cent cashback on booking flights through HDFC Bank.
NewDelhi/Shirdi/NITN: Airline IndiGo introduced a non-stop flight service from New Delhi to Shirdi on Monday.