Not In Town | @notintownlive | 25 Oct 2019
Dubai/NITN: Dubai has been named one of the world’s best cities for travellers to visit in 2020 by global travel authority Lonely Planet.
The city has received the accolade in the Best in Travel 2020 list, which has been curated by Lonely Planet’s editorial team and its community of travel experts.
The list features the emirate amongst the top ten ‘must-visit’ cities for global travellers in the coming year.
The unique combination of iconic attractions and entertainment destinations, outdoor and cultural offerings, and the “boundary-pushing marquee projects” continue to cement Dubai’s position as a preferred holiday destination.
Issam Kazim, CEO, Dubai Corporation for Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DCTCM) commented, “Being recognised as a leading travel destination by Lonely Planet is a testament to the dynamic evolution of Dubai’s tourism proposition, and with the support of one of the world’s leading travel publishers increases consideration and appeal for the emirate in the lead-up to a momentous year.
In line with our goal to becoming the number one most visited city, we will continue to build greater relevance for Dubai amongst global travellers through innovative, impactful and strategic initiatives in 2020 and beyond.”
Tom Hall, Lonely Planet’s VP of Experience, said, “Dubai is famed for its drive to seek out new world records, which will enthral visitors. The food is wonderful, and the shopping and nightlife are world-class. Plus, in the run up to Expo 2020, Dubai has been expanding its portfolio of attractions, which now include the giant Ain Dubai ferris wheel, the Al Shindagha Museum and the Jameel Arts Centre.”
- Dubai to bring year end performances for music lovers
- Coldplay chooses Jordan to release their first album in four years 'Everyday Life'
- MakeMyTrip honours Kolkata’s Best Hotels at Star Partner Awards ceremony
- Israel woes Indian tourists with resort city of Eilat
- Seawings offers Heritage Tour to help visitors experience Dubai
- SriLankan Airlines concludes a memorable Melbourne Marathon
- Istanbul and Antalya emerge as key MICE destination for Indian corporates
- Dubai crowned one of the world's top cities in Lonely Planet's 'Best in Travel' list 2020
- The Temi Autumn Festival 2019 to be held from Nov 8 to 10 in Sikkim
- Eighth edition of Dharamshala International Film Festival announces its full line-up
New York/NITN: In-line with its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Thursday signed a one-way codeshare agreement with Qatar Airways, world’s best airline as per 2019 World Airline Awards.
Mumbai/NITN: Celebrating its 14th anniversary, airline GoAir has announced special fares ending with “14” as the last two digits across all its 33 destinations.
Mumbai/NITN: EaseMyTrip.com (EMT), the Online Travel Aggregators segment, is aiming to help the customers traveling to and from Mumbai in the wake of Mumbai runway closure.