NITN | @notintownlive | 13 Jan 2020, 06:29 am
Khalifa City/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has been ranked as the most punctual airline in the Middle East and one of the most punctual in the world by the global aviation analytics group OAG.
In its Punctuality League rating for 2019, OAG listed Etihad as the only Middle Eastern carrier in its Top 20, ranking the UAE airline 17th among all full-service and low-cost operators.
OAG also ranked Etihad at number 13 on its Top 20 list of Mainline Airlines, comprised only of major scheduled carriers operating over 30,000 flights per year.
On-time performance is defined by OAG as a flight departing or arriving within 15 minutes of its scheduled time – a standard measure within the airline industry, taking into account the large range of variable factors which can affect operations.
Mohammad Al Bulooki, Chief Operating Officer of Etihad Airways, said the key factor in Etihad Airways’ schedule reliability was its people, who delivered the safe and secure operation of the airline.
“Etihad Airways’ high placement in the 2019 OAG rankings demonstrates the airline’s commitment to delivering total quality, and on-time performance is a major part of this,” he said. “Etihad, with the determination of its operations team, as well as the investment in new technology will continuously strive to increase efficiency and service.”
- Etihad Airways to launch Osaka flights, connecting culturally vibrant city to global network
- Akasa Air commences operations from Kolkata
- Air India and Vistara enter Interline Partnership
- Air India launches non-stop flight from Amritsar to London Gatwick
- Scoot will steadily increase weekly flights to and from China; will ramp up frequencies for summer travel demands
- IndiGo introduces exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur, additional flights from Coimbatore to Kolhapur
- Qantas connects Australia with Southern India directly with inaugural flight to Bengaluru from Sydney
- Cathay Pacific to commence direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's Akasa Air to start domestic flights from Aug 7
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.
Gurugram/IBNS: Air India, one of India’s leading airlines and a Star Alliance member, has entered an interline partnership with full-service carrier, Vistara (a joint venture of Tata and Singapore Airlines).