NITN | @notintownlive | 22 Jul 2022, 05:12 am
Mumbai: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala promoted budget carrier Akasa Air is all set to hit the skies with its maiden commercial flight on August 7, starting with Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, and Kochi with two Boeing 737 Max aircraft, the company announced Friday.
In the initial week, Akasa Air will offer 28 weekly flights between Mumbai and Ahmedabad starting August 7.
Starting August 13, the airline will start operating an additional 28 weekly flights between Bengaluru and Kochi.
All flights are open for sale with immediate effect, the company said.
Akasa Air is competing with other low-cost airlines with airfares lesser by around Rs 500 to Rs 600 on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad route compared to the lowest fares by other airlines on the same dates, media reports said.
The airline has also unveiled a menu for onboard meals and snacks available for pre-booking as well as onboard.
#ItsYourSky We are progressively expanding our network and connecting more cities. ✈️— Akasa Air (@AkasaAir) July 22, 2022
Check our network here: https://t.co/LTdf62tTk1 pic.twitter.com/IxEF47fOWP
The airline has ordered 72 Boeing 737 Max planes, and expects to induct 18 aircraft this year.
It also plans to launch its international flights in the second half of 2023.
Indian laws require an airline to have a fleet of 20 aircraft to start international flights.
- Garuda Indonesia and Singapore Airlines forge strategic partnership to enhance travel connectivity and passenger experience
- Etihad Airways to launch Osaka flights, connecting culturally vibrant city to global network
- Akasa Air commences operations from Kolkata
- Air India and Vistara enter Interline Partnership
- Air India launches non-stop flight from Amritsar to London Gatwick
- Scoot will steadily increase weekly flights to and from China; will ramp up frequencies for summer travel demands
- IndiGo introduces exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur, additional flights from Coimbatore to Kolhapur
- Qantas connects Australia with Southern India directly with inaugural flight to Bengaluru from Sydney
- Cathay Pacific to commence direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
Garuda Indonesia (GA) and Singapore Airlines (SIA) have announced their plans to establish a joint venture arrangement, aimed at strengthening their cooperation, expanding passenger capacity between Singapore and Indonesia, and offering customers more travel options between the two countries.
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.