NITN | @notintownlive | 26 Mar 2018, 11:21 am
While the leaves signify the freshness of the poems, the chillies represent the irony in them, says author HL Agnihotri about his anthology of poems.
Congratulations on the release of 'Leaves of Green Chillies'. What does the title suggest?
The title of my book ‘Leaves of Green Chillies’ is just like the silver crown on the head of a beautiful girl as it reflects the mind and soul of my book.
â€‹Do you research a lot while writing a book?
Every writer, in a way, is a researcher--- the researcher of current and burning issues, life-like characters with pulsation of life, and good style. A good writer is always in search of new words and new phrases.
You have got several published titles till date. How is the current title different from the rest?
I have spent a lot of time to decide on the title so that it is somewhat different from others. Leaves stand for greenery and freshness of my poems; whereas green chillies stand for the pinch of bitterness that equates more with the irony in my poems. On the whole, green leaves and green chillies reflect greenness and freshness of my book.
What kind of books do you enjoy reading?
I like reading literary books that give me new ideas and rich emotions and passions that inspire me to write. My eye is always on new methodology and techniques that may give new direction to my writings.
What inspires you as a writer?
Good, natural and spontaneous ideas and emotions inspire me to write poetry. I’m inspired from such writings that engross my mind and touch the inner depth of my heart for inspiration.
- Nirmala Sitharaman deserves compliments for prioritising higher education and skilling in Budget 2023-24: Sona Group of Education Institutions Vice Chairman
- Behala Art Fest: Do not miss this street art festival if you are in Kolkata for the weekend
- Kolkata Litfest: A tete-a-tete with eminent translators of Hindi and Urdu literature
- Sona Group of Education Institutions suggests doubling of allocation for education
- ESOPDhan budget expectations on vested ESOPs of unlisted firms
- Muskaan Litfest for child authors in Delhi stirs up India's budding storytellers
- Chiefs of services gather in Delhi winter to release book on India's valiant soldiers at Prabha Khaitan Foundation event
- Stubbornness made Dr. Ambedkar who he is: Shashi Tharoor
- 'Probashir Pronaam' tugs at the cultural heartstrings of NRIs
- Kolkata: West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee inaugurates special exhibition at The Cathedral Of The Most Holy Rosary
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.
Qantas, the national airline of Australia, created history on Sep 14 when QF 67 took off from Sydney’s Kingsford International Airport to touch Bengaluru, the southern Indian city famously known as ‘The Silicon Valley of The East’, completing the non-stop flight in less than twelve hours.
Bengaluru: Hong Kong’s home airline will start twice-a-week direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong and beyond from Oct. 11.