NITN | @notintownlive | 07 Nov 2022, 06:20 am
Pahalgam: As many as seven lakh tourists visited the Pahalgam region of Jammu and Kashmir this year, media reports said on Monday.
Only 316 foreign tourists visited Pahalgam last year while 2,856 foreign tourists visited this year, it said, as per the news agency — Kashmir News Observer (KNO).
Last year, 4,61,130 visitors including 2,22,975 locals, 316 foreign, and 2,37,839 domestic tourists visited Pahalgam, the news agency reported.
Tourism stakeholders are currently expecting to witness a good turnout of tourists in the Valley.
- Vistara to operate five additional weekly flights between India and Mauritius
- Travel and Tourism Trends to Watch for in 2023
- Foreign tourist inflow rises by 789 % in world famous Kaziranga national park in Assam
- Narendra Modi to launch world's longest cruise journey that will connect Varanasi-Dhaka-Dibrugarh
- Singapore continues to welcome vaccinated Indian visitors without testing or quarantine
- Jammu and Kashmir: Seven lakh tourists visit Pahalgam
- Annual Illuminate San Francisco Festival begins on Nov 9 to celebrate the city's vibrant art scene
- KFC India rolling out all-digital smart restaurants to speed up customer service
- Jumeirah Group announces stunning new retreat in Bahrain
- Italian film festival gets underway in Kolkata with screening of six contemporary films
New Delhi: Airlines major Air India launched its first-ever non-stop flight to London Gatwick, from Amritsar on Monday.
Singapore/NITN: Scoot, the low-cost subsidiary of Singapore Airlines (SIA), announced that it will steadily resume flights to and from China buoyed by further relaxation of border restrictions imposed during the pandemic.
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.