NITN | @notintownlive | 07 Nov 2022, 06:20 am
Pahalgam: As many as seven lakh tourists visited the Pahalgam region of Jammu and Kashmir this year, media reports said on Monday.
Only 316 foreign tourists visited Pahalgam last year while 2,856 foreign tourists visited this year, it said, as per the news agency — Kashmir News Observer (KNO).
Last year, 4,61,130 visitors including 2,22,975 locals, 316 foreign, and 2,37,839 domestic tourists visited Pahalgam, the news agency reported.
Tourism stakeholders are currently expecting to witness a good turnout of tourists in the Valley.
- New airlines, new destinations and better facilities make San Francisco International Airport more attractive
- 10 Asian countries Indian passport holders can travel to with Visa on Arrival
- International Museum Day: Have you been to these 12 museums in Kolkata?
- Gold Coast hosts Tourism Australia’s annual flagship event
- World Heritage Day: Add these royal homestays of Madhya Pradesh to your itinerary when visiting the state
- Asia's largest tulip garden in Srinagar attracts record visitors; expected to beat earlier records
- India’s desert botanical resort Kaner Retreat is among most incredible places to stay by Belgium publication
- Vistara to operate five additional weekly flights between India and Mauritius
- Travel and Tourism Trends to Watch for in 2023
- Foreign tourist inflow rises by 789 % in world famous Kaziranga national park in Assam
Garuda Indonesia (GA) and Singapore Airlines (SIA) have announced their plans to establish a joint venture arrangement, aimed at strengthening their cooperation, expanding passenger capacity between Singapore and Indonesia, and offering customers more travel options between the two countries.
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.